Sat, 06 May|
Spinnaker Tower Abseil
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2023? We have just the opportunity for you! We are looking for 20 people to Abseil down the Spinnaker Tower on May 6th (Time TBC) If you are up for the challenge, register your interest today!
Time & Location
06 May, 00:00
Portsmouth, Portsmouth PO1 3TT, UK
About the event
What does in involve?
Abseiling 100km down the side of the Spinnaker Tower on Saturday May 6th 2023 (Time TBC)
Where does it take place?
Spinnaker Tower, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth, PO1 3TT
What time is the descent?
Times will be allocated nearer the day. We would ask that you arrive at the group and advanced bookings desk at least 15 minutes prior to your booking. If you arrive after the time of your booking you will not be admitted
Who can take part?
- Any persons over the age of 14 (anyone under the age of 18 must have a guardian present to sign consent and will need to bring proof of age, by means of either a birth certificate or passport)
- The maximum weight is 19 stone
- The abseil is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are in a fit state to participate in the abseil and are able to participate in a manner which will not put at risk your health and safety or the health and safety of bystanders below you
- We do not recommend the abseil to anyone with vertigo. We are unable to advise you on medical conditions, so if you are in any doubt as to whether or not you are fit to take part we would advise you to consult with a medical professional.
What will you receive?
- A fundraising pack and a sponsorship form (please download here), details on how to set up an online fundraising page, collection pot (if required, to be returned after fundraising is complete), leaflets and a t-shirt
- A dedicated contact to help support you with your fundraising and abseiling experience
How much do I need to raise?
By signing up you commit to raising a minimum of £250.00 for The Isabel Baker Foundation
Anything else I need to know?
- Abseils will take place in all weather conditions other than high winds, lightning, heavy snow or ice or extreme weather conditions which we reasonably believe make it unsafe to participate in the abseil.
- You will not be permitted to take any loose items with you on the abseil.
- You should wear closed toed footwear with flat rubber soles such as trainers, sport and hiking shoes and not leather shoes without grips or shoes with heels